19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.
Each of the four divisions of the year (spring, summer, autumn, and winter) marked by particular weather patterns and daylight hours, resulting from the earth's changing position with regard to the sun.
Proof that we are in the year 5970 (2020)
My Exodus From Babylon to The New Jerusalem
Paperback – July 5, 2019
TOTAL OF 364 DAYS
Moon sets with the sun in the East:
4th portal - 1st Month (Aviv)
4th portal - 6th Month
3th portal - 7th Month
3th portal - 12th Month
3 X 30 days
3 X 29 days
Total 177 days (25 weeks + 2 days)
"month", Chodesh means "new moon"
(H2320) חֹדֶשׁ chodesh: From חָדַשׁ (H2318):
the new moon, month, monthly
the first day of the month
the lunar month
(H2318) חָדַשׁ chadash: A primitive root
to be new, renew, repair
to renew, make anew
(Hithpael) to renew oneself
(H3677) כֶּסֶא kece': Apparently from כָּסָה (H3680)
(H3680) כָּסָה kacah:
to cover, conceal, hide
Book of Enoch 78:
6 When the moon rises 1/14 th part and on the 14 th day the moon's light becomes full
And 15 parts of light are transferred to her untill the 15th day when her light is full according to the sign of the year.
And she becomes 15 parts and the moon grows by an additional 14 parts.
And the moon's waning decreases on the first day to 14 parts of her light,
1 - 14 parts of her light
2 - 13 parts of light
3 - 12
4 - 11
5 - 10
6 - 9
7 - 8
8 - 7
9 - 6
10 - 5
11 - 4
12 - 3
13 - 2
14 - 1/2 of a 7 th
15 - remaining light disappears wholly
78.9 And in certain months the Moon has twenty-nine days and once twenty-eight.
78.12 And on the first day it is called the New Moon, for on that, daylight rises on it.
4 There where also many windows to the right and left of these doors. And first there goes out the great luminary, named the Sun, and his sphere (orbit, disc) is like the sphere (orbit, disc) of heaven, and he is quite filled with illuminating and heating fire.
37. As he (the sun) rises, so he sets and decreases not, and rests not, but runs day and night, and his (sun) light is sevenfold brighter than that of the moon; but as regards size they are both equal.
1. And after this law I saw another law dealing with the smaller luminary, which is named the Moon.
2. And her circumference is like the circumference of the heaven, and her chariot in which she rides is driven by the wind, and light is given to her in (definite) measure.
3. And her rising and setting change every month: and her days are like the days of the sun, and when her light is uniform (i.e. full) it amounts to the seventh part of the light of the sun.
4. And thus she rises. And her first phase in the east comes forth on the thirtieth morning: and on that day she becomes visible, and constitutes for you the first phase of the moon on the thirtieth day together with the sun in the portal where the sun rises.
5. And the one half of her goes forth by a seventh part, and her whole circumference is empty, without light, with the exception of one-seventh part of it, (and) the fourteenth part of her light.
6. And when she receives one-seventh part of the half of her light, her light amounts to one-seventh part and the half thereof. 7. And she sets with the sun, and when the sun rises the moon rises with him and receives the half of one part of light, and in that night in the beginning of her morning [in the commencement of the lunar day] the moon sets with the sun, and is invisible that night with the fourteen parts and the half of one of them.
8. And she rises on that day with exactly a seventh part, and comes forth and recedes from the rising of the sun, and in her remaining days she becomes bright in the (remaining) thirteen parts.
1. And I saw another course, a law for her, (and) how according to that law she performs her monthly revolution.
2. And all these Uriel, the holy angel who is the leader of them all, showed to me, and their positions, and I wrote down their positions as he showed them to me, and I wrote down their months as they were, and the appearance of their lights till fifteen days were accomplished.
3. In single seventh parts she accomplishes all her light in the east, and in single seventh parts accomplishes all her darkness in the west.
4. And in certain months she alters her settings, and in certain months she pursues her own peculiar course.
5. In two months the moon sets with the sun: in those two middle portals the third and the fourth.
6. She goes forth for seven days, and turns about and returns again through the portal where the sun rises, and accomplishes all her light: and she recedes from the sun, and in eight days enters the sixth portal from which the sun goes forth.
7. And when the sun goes forth from the fourth portal she goes forth seven days, until she goes forth from the fifth and turns back again in seven days into the fourth portal and accomplishes all her light: and she recedes and enters into the first portal in eight days.
8. And she returns again in seven days into the fourth portal from which the sun goes forth.
9. Thus I saw their position--how the moons rose and the sun set in those days.
10. And if five years are added together the sun has an overplus of thirty days, and all the days which accrue to it for one of those five years, when they are full, amount to 364 days.
11. And the overplus of the sun and of the stars amounts to six days: in 5 years 6 days every year come to 30 days: and the moon falls behind the sun and stars to the number of 30 days.
12. And the sun and the stars bring in all the years exactly, so that they do not advance or delay their position by a single day unto eternity; but complete the years with perfect justice in 364 days.
13. In 3 years there are 1092 days, and in 5 years 1820 days, so that in 8 years there are 2912 days.
14. For the moon alone the days amount in 3 years to 1062 days, and in 5 years she falls 50 days behind: [i.e. to the sum (of 1770) there is to be added (1000 and) 62 days.]
15. And in 5 years there are 1770 days, so that for the moon the days in 8 years amount to 2832 days.
16. [For in 8 years she falls behind to the amount of 80 days], all the days she falls behind in 8 years are 80.
17. And the year is accurately completed in conformity with their world-stations and the stations of the sun, which rise from the portals through which it (the sun) rises and sets 30 days.
14. And when it is wholly extinguished,
its light is consumed in heaven;
and on the first day it is called the new moon,
for on that day light is received into it.
15. It becomes precisely completed on the day that the sun descends (onder gaat) into the west,
while the moon ascends (op komt) at night from the east.
11. During all the period during which the moon is growing in her light, she is transferring it to herself when opposite to the sun during fourteen days [her light is accomplished in the heaven], and when she is illumined throughout, her light is accomplished full in the heaven.
12. And on the first day she is called the new moon, for on that day the light rises upon her.
13. She becomes full moon exactly on the day when the sun sets in the west, and from the east she rises at night, and the moon shines the whole night through till the sun rises over against her and the moon is seen over against the sun.
14. On the side whence the light of the moon comes forth, there again she wanes till all the light vanishes and all the days of the month are at an end, and her circumference is empty, void of light.
15. And three months she makes of thirty days, and at her time she makes three months of twenty-nine days each, in which she accomplishes her waning in the first period of time, and in the first portal for one hundred and seventy-seven days.
16. And in the time of her going out she appears for three months (of) thirty days each, and for three months she appears (of) twenty-nine each.
17. At night she appears like a man for twenty days each time, and by day she appears like the heaven, and there is nothing else in her save her light.
78.1 The names of the Sun are as follows: The first Oryares, and the second Tomases.
78.2 The Moon has four names: The first name is Asonya, and the second
Ebla, and the third Benase, and the fourth Era'e.
78.3 These are the two great lights; their disc is like the disc of Heaven and
in size the two are equal.
78.4 In the disc of the Sun, are seven parts of light, which are added to it
more than to the Moon, and in fixed measure light is transferred to the
Moon until a seventh part of the Sun is exhausted.
78.5 And they set, go into the Gates of the west, go round through the
north, and rise through the Gates of the east, on the face of Heaven.
78.6 And when the Moon rises, it appears in the sky, and has a half of a
seventh part of light, and on the fourteenth day it makes all its light full.
78.7 And fifteen parts of light are transferred to it, until on the fifteenth day
its light is full, according to the sign of the year, and amounts to fifteen
parts. And the Moon comes into being by halves of a seventh part.
78.8 And in its waning on the first day, it decreases to fourteen parts of its
light. And on the second to thirteen parts, and on the third to twelve parts,
on the fourth to eleven parts, and on the fifth to ten parts, and on the sixth
to nine parts, and on the seventh to eight parts, and on the eighth to seven
parts, and on the ninth to six parts, and on the tenth to five parts, and on the
eleventh to four parts, and on the twelfth to three, and on the thirteenth to
two, and on the fourteenth to half of a seventh part. And all the light that
remains from the total disappears on the fifteenth day.
78.9 And in certain months the Moon has twenty-nine days and once
The Book of Enoch
78.10 And Uriel showed me another law: - when light is transferred to the
Moon, and on which side it is transferred from the Sun.
78.11 All the time that the Moon is increasing in its light, it transfers as it
becomes opposite the Sun, until in fourteen days it’s light is full in the sky;
and when it is all ablaze, it’s light is full in the sky.
78.12 And on the first day it is called the New Moon, for on that, daylight
rises on it.
78.13 And its light becomes full exactly on the day that as the Sun goes
down in the west it rises from the east for the night. And the Moon shines
for the whole night until the Sun rises opposite it, and the Moon is seen
opposite the Sun.
78.14 And on the side on which the light of the Moon appears, there again
it wanes, until all its light disappears, and the days of the Moon end and its
disc remains empty without light.
78.15 And for three months, at its proper time, it achieves thirty days, and
for three months, it achieves twenty-nine days, during which it completes
its waning, in the first period, in the first Gate, 127 days.
78.16 And in the time of it’s rising, for three months, it appears in each
month with thirty days. And for three months it appears in each month
with twenty-nine days
78.17 By night, for twenty days each time, it looks like a man, and by day
like Heaven, for there is nothing else in it except it’s light.
1. And now, my son Methuselah, all these things I am recounting to thee and writing down for thee, and I have revealed to thee everything, and given thee books concerning all these: so preserve, my son Methuselah, the books from thy father's hand, and (see) that thou deliver them to the generations of the world.
2. I have given Wisdom to thee and to thy children,
[And thy children that shall be to thee],
That they may give it to their children for generations,
This wisdom (namely) that passeth their thought.
3. And those who understand it shall not sleep,
But shall listen with the ear that they may learn this wisdom,
And it shall please those that eat thereof better than good food.
4. Blessed are all the righteous, blessed are all those who walk in the way of righteousness and sin not as the sinners, in the reckoning of all their days in which the sun traverses the heaven, entering into and departing from the portals for thirty days with the heads of thousands of the order of the stars, together with the four which are intercalated which divide the four portions of the year, which lead them and enter with them four days.
5. Owing to them men shall be at fault and not reckon them in the whole reckoning of the year: yea, men shall be at fault, and not recognize them accurately.
6. For they belong to the reckoning of the year and are truly recorded (thereon) for ever, one in the first portal and one in the third, and one in the fourth and one in the sixth, and the year is completed in three hundred and sixty-four days.
7. And the account thereof is accurate and the recorded reckoning thereof exact; for the luminaries, and months and festivals, and years and days, has Uriel shown and revealed to me, to whom the Lord of the whole creation of the world hath subjected the host of heaven.
8. And he has power over night and day in the heaven to cause the light to give light to men--sun, moon, and stars, and all the powers of the heaven which revolve in their circular chariots.
9. And these are the orders of the stars, which set in their places, and in their seasons and festivals and months.
10. And these are the names of those who lead them, who watch that they enter at their times, in their orders, in their seasons, in their months, in their periods of dominion, and in their positions.
11. Their four leaders who divide the four parts of the year enter first; and after them the twelve leaders of the orders who divide the months; and for the three hundred and sixty (days) there are heads over thousands who divide the days; and for the four intercalary days there are the leaders which sunder the four parts of the year.
12. And these heads over thousands are intercalated between leader and leader, each behind a station, but their leaders make the division. And these are the names of the leaders who divide the four parts of the year which are ordained: Mîlkî’êl, Hel’emmêlêk, and Mêl’êjal, and Nârêl.
13. And the names of those who lead them: Adnâr’êl, and Îjâsûsa’êl, and ’Elômê’êl--these three follow the leaders of the orders, and there is one that follows the three leaders of the orders which follow those leaders of stations that divide the four parts of the year.
15. In the beginning of the year Melkejâl rises first and rules, who is named †Tam’âinî† and sun, and all the days of his dominion whilst he bears rule are ninety-one days.
16. And these are the signs of the days which are to be seen on earth in the days of his dominion: sweat, and heat, and calms; and all the trees bear fruit, and leaves are produced on all the trees, and the harvest of wheat, and the rose-flowers, and all the flowers which come forth in the field, but the trees of the winter season become withered.
17. And these are the names of the leaders which are under them: Berka’êl, Zêlebs’êl, and another who is added a head of a thousand, called Hîlûjâsĕph: and the days of the dominion of this (leader) are at an end.
18. The next leader after him is Hêl’emmêlêk, whom one names the shining sun, and all the days of his light are ninety-one days. 19. And these are the signs of (his) days on the earth: glowing heat and dryness, and the trees ripen their fruits and produce all their fruits ripe and ready, and the sheep pair and become pregnant, and all the fruits of the earth are gathered in, and everything that is in the fields, and the winepress: these things take place in the days of his dominion. 20. These are the names, and the orders, and the leaders of those heads of thousands: Gîdâ’îjal, Kê’êl, and Hê’êl, and the name of the head of a thousand which is added to them, Asfâ’êl’: and the days of his dominion are at an end.
THE BOOK OF THE COURSES OF THE HEAVENLY LUMINARIES
LXXII. The Sun.
1. The book of the courses of the luminaries of the heaven, the relations of each, according to their classes, their dominion and their seasons, according to their names and places of origin, and according to their months, which Uriel, the holy angel, who was with me, who is their guide, showed me; and he showed me all their laws exactly as they are, and how it is with regard to all the years of the world and unto eternity, till the new creation is accomplished which dureth till eternity.
2. And this is the first law of the luminaries: the luminary the Sun has its rising in the eastern portals of the heaven, and its setting in the western portals of the heaven.
3. And I saw six portals in which the sun rises, and six portals in which the sun sets and the moon rises and sets in these portals, and the leaders of the stars and those whom they lead: six in the east and six in the west, and all following each other in accurately corresponding order: also many windows to the right and left of these portals.
4. And first there goes forth the great luminary, named the Sun, and his circumference is like the circumference of the heaven, and he is quite filled with illuminating and heating fire.
5. The chariot on which he ascends, the wind drives, and the sun goes down from the heaven and returns through the north in order to reach the east, and is so guided that he comes to the appropriate (lit. 'that') portal and shines in the face of the heaven.
6. In this way he rises in the first month in the great portal, which is the fourth ⌈those six portals in the cast⌉.
7. And in that fourth portal from which the sun rises in the first month are twelve window-openings, from which proceed a flame when they are opened in their season.
8. When the sun rises in the heaven, he comes forth through that fourth portal thirty mornings in succession, and sets accurately in the fourth portal in the west of the heaven.
9. And during this period the day becomes daily longer and the night nightly shorter to the thirtieth morning.
10. On that day the day is longer than the night by a ninth part, and the day amounts exactly to ten parts and the night to eight parts.
11. And the sun rises from that fourth portal, and sets in the fourth and returns to the fifth portal of the east thirty mornings, and rises from it and sets in the fifth portal.
12. And then the day becomes longer by †two† parts and amounts to eleven parts, and the night becomes shorter and amounts to seven parts.
13. And it returns to the east and enters into the sixth portal, and rises and sets in the sixth portal one-and-thirty mornings on account of its sign.
14. On that day the day becomes longer than the night, and the day becomes double the night, and the day becomes twelve parts, and the night is shortened and becomes six parts.
15. And the sun mounts up to make the day shorter and the night longer, and the sun returns to the east and enters into the sixth portal, and rises from it and sets thirty mornings.
16. And when thirty mornings are accomplished, the day decreases by exactly one part, and becomes eleven parts, and the night seven.
17. And the sun goes forth from that sixth portal in the west, and goes to the east and rises in the fifth portal for thirty mornings, and sets in the west again in the fifth western portal.
18. On that day the day decreases by †two† parts, and amounts to ten parts and the night to eight parts.
19. And the sun goes forth from that fifth portal and sets in the fifth portal of the west, and rises in the fourth portal for one-and-thirty mornings on account of its sign, and sets in the west.
20. On that day the day is equalized with the night, [and becomes of equal length], and the night amounts to nine parts and the day to nine parts.
21. And the sun rises from that portal and sets in the west, and returns to the east and rises thirty mornings in the third portal and sets in the west in the third portal.
22. And on that day the night becomes longer than the day, and night becomes longer than night, and day shorter than day till the thirtieth morning, and the night amounts exactly to ten parts and the day to eight parts.
23. And the sun rises from that third portal and sets in the third portal in the west and returns to the east, and for thirty mornings rises in the second portal in the east, and in like manner sets in the second portal in the west of the heaven.
24. And on that day the night amounts to eleven parts and the day to seven parts.
25. And the sun rises on that day from that second portal and sets in the west in the second portal, and returns to the east into the first portal for one-and-thirty mornings, and sets in the first portal in the west of the heaven.
26. And on that day the night becomes longer and amounts to the double of the day: and the night amounts exactly to twelve parts and the day to six.
27. And the sun has (therewith) traversed the divisions of his orbit and turns again on those divisions of his orbit, and enters that portal thirty mornings and sets also in the west opposite to it.
28. And on that night has the night decreased in length by a †ninth† part, and the night has become eleven parts and the day seven parts.
29. And the sun has returned and entered into the second portal in the east, and returns on those his divisions of his orbit for thirty mornings, rising and setting.
30. And on that day the night decreases in length, and the night amounts to ten parts and the day to eight.
31. And on that day the sun rises from that portal, and sets in the west, and returns to the east, and rises in the third portal for one-and-thirty mornings, and sets in the west of the heaven.
32. On that day the night decreases and amounts to nine parts, and the day to nine parts, and the night is equal to the day and the year is exactly as to its days three hundred and sixty-four.
33. And the length of the day and of the night, and the shortness of the day and of the night arise--through the course of the sun these distinctions are made (lit. 'they are separated').
34. So it comes that its course becomes daily longer, and its course nightly shorter.
35. And this is the law and the course of the sun, and his return as often as he returns sixty times and rises, i.e. the great luminary which is named the sun, for ever and ever.
36. And that which (thus) rises is the great luminary, and is so named according to its appearance, according as the Lord commanded.
37. As he rises, so he sets and decreases not, and rests not, but runs day and night, and his light is sevenfold brighter than that of the moon; but as regards size they are both equal.
Month AVIV / אָבִיב
2 On the first day of the first month shalt thou set up the tabernacle of the tent of the congregation.
3 And thou shalt put therein the ark of the testimony, and cover the ark with the vail.
4 And thou shalt bring in the table, and set in order the things that are to be set in order upon it; and thou shalt bring in the candlestick, and light the lamps thereof.
5 And thou shalt set the altar of gold for the incense before the ark of the testimony, and put the hanging of the door to the tabernacle.
6 And thou shalt set the altar of the burnt offering before the door of the tabernacle of the tent of the congregation.
7 And thou shalt set the laver between the tent of the congregation and the altar, and shalt put water therein.
8 And thou shalt set up the court round about, and hang up the hanging at the court gate.
9 And thou shalt take the anointing oil, and anoint the tabernacle, and all that is therein, and shalt hallow it, and all the vessels thereof: and it shall be holy.
10 And thou shalt anoint the altar of the burnt offering, and all his vessels, and sanctify the altar: and it shall be an altar most holy.
11 And thou shalt anoint the laver and his foot, and sanctify it.
12 And thou shalt bring Aaron and his sons unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and wash them with water.
13 And thou shalt put upon Aaron the holy garments, and anoint him, and sanctify him; that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
14 And thou shalt bring his sons, and clothe them with coats:
15 And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations.
16 Thus did Moses: according to all that the LORD commanded him, so did he.
17 And it came to pass in the first month in the second year, on the first day of the month, that the tabernacle was reared up.
18 And Moses reared up the tabernacle, and fastened his sockets, and set up the boards thereof, and put in the bars thereof, and reared up his pillars.
19 And he spread abroad the tent over the tabernacle, and put the covering of the tent above upon it; as the LORD commanded Moses.
20 And he took and put the testimony into the ark, and set the staves on the ark, and put the mercy seat above upon the ark:
21 And he brought the ark into the tabernacle, and set up the vail of the covering, and covered the ark of the testimony; as the (LORD) YHWH commanded Moses.
22 And he put the table in the tent of the congregation, upon the side of the tabernacle northward, without the vail.
23 And he set the bread in order upon it before the LORD; as the LORD had commanded Moses.
24 And he put the candlestick in the tent of the congregation, over against the table, on the side of the tabernacle southward.
25 And he lighted the lamps before the LORD; as the LORD commanded Moses.
26 And he put the golden altar in the tent of the congregation before the vail:
27 And he burnt sweet incense thereon; as the LORD commanded Moses.
28 And he set up the hanging at the door of the tabernacle.
29 And he put the altar of burnt offering by the door of the tabernacle of the tent of the congregation, and offered upon it the burnt offering and the meat offering; as the LORD commanded Moses.
30 And he set the laver between the tent of the congregation and the altar, and put water there, to wash withal.
31 And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet thereat:
32 When they went into the tent of the congregation, and when they came near unto the altar, they washed; as the LORD commanded Moses.
33 And he reared up the court round about the tabernacle and the altar, and set up the hanging of the court gate. So Moses finished the work.
34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.
36 And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys:
37 But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up.
38 For the cloud of the LORD was upon the tabernacle by day, and fire was on it by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel, throughout all their journeys.
1 Corinthians 5
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Nieuwe maan 24 maart 2020 10:52:22 (Deze dag telt NIET mee voor maand 1)
Nieuwe maan 23 april 2020 00:47:01 (Deze dag telt nog mee)
Nieuwe maan (Asonja)
24 maart 2020
Eerste kwartier (Ebla)
1 april 2020
Volle maan (Benase) Supermaan
8 april 2020
Laatste kwartier (Erea)
15 april 2020
23 april 2020
Nieuwe maan 30 augustus 2019 12:38:20
Eerste kwartier 6 september 2019 05:11:49
Volle maan 14 september 2019 06:35:23
Laatste kwartier 22 september 2019 04:43:32
Nieuwe maan 28 september 2019 20:27:54
Eerste kwartier 6 september 2019 05:11:49
Nieuwe maan 28 oktober 2019 04:40:15 (Deze dag telt mee voor maand 8)
Nieuwe maan 26 november 2019 16:07:41 (Deze dag telt mee voor maand 1)
Nieuwe maan 26 november 2019 16:07:41 (Telt WEL mee in maand 9)
Nieuwe maan 26 december 2019 06:15:31 (Telt Niet mee)
Nieuwe maan 26 december 2019 06:15:31 (Deze dag telt WEL mee voor maand 10)
Nieuwe maan 24 januari 2020 22:44:11 (Deze dag telt nog mee)
Nieuwe maan 24 januari 2020 22:44:11 (Deze dag telt NIET mee voor maand 11)
Nieuwe maan 23 februari 2020 16:33:44 (Deze dag telt WEL mee)
Nieuwe maan 23 februari 2020 16:33:44 (Telt NIET mee met maand 12)
Nieuwe maan 24 maart 2020 10:29:36
Nieuwe maan 24 maart 2020 10:29:36
Nieuwe maan 23 april 2020 04:27:00
78.12 And on the first day it is called the New Moon, for on that, daylight rises on it.
Month 1 (of 13)
Month AVIV / אָבִיב
Nieuwe maan 24 maart 2020 10:29:36
Eerste kwartier 1 april 2020 12:21:52
Volle maan (Supermaan) 8 april 2020 04:35:36
Laatste kwartier 15 april 2020 00:56:57
Nieuwe maan 23 april 2020 04:27:00
Eerste kwartier 30 april 2020 22:38:44
78.12 And on the first day it is called the New Moon, for on that, daylight rises on it.
Book of Enoch:
73.1 And after this law I saw another law, for the lesser light, named the Moon.
73.2 And its disc is like the disc of the Sun, and the wind blows its chariot on which it rides, and in fixed measure light is given to it.
73.3 And every month it’s rising and setting change, and its days are as the days of the Sun, and when its light is uniformly full, it is a seventh part the light of the Sun.
73.4 And thus it rises, and its first phase is towards the east; it rises on the thirtieth morning. And on that day it appears, and becomes for you the first phase of the Moon, on the thirtieth morning, together with the Sun in the Gate through which the Sun rises.
73.5 And a half.(…..) .with a seventh part, and its entire disc is empty, without light, except for a seventh part, a fourteenth part of it’s light.
The Book of Enoch 97
73.6 And on the day that it receives a seventh part and a half of its light, its light amounts to a seventh, and a seventh part and a half.
73.7 It sets with the Sun, and when the Sun rises, the Moon rises with it, and receives a half of one part of light.
And on that night at the beginning of its morning, at the beginning of the Moon's day, the Moon sets with the Sun, and is dark on that night in six and seven parts and a half.
73.8 And it rises on that day, with exactly a seventh part, goes out, recedes from the rising of the Sun, and becomes bright on the remainder of its days, in the other six and seven parts.
74.1 And another journey, and law, I saw for it, in that according to this law it makes its monthly journey.
74.2 And Uriel, the Holy Angel who is leader of them all, showed me everything, and I wrote down their positions as he showed them to me. And I wrote down their months, as they are, and the appearance of their light, until fifteen days have been completed.
In seventh parts it makes all its darkness full,
and in seventh parts it makes all its light full,
in the east
and in the west.
And in certain months, it changes its setting,
and in certain months, it follows its own individual course.
In two months it sets with the Sun,
in those two Gates that are in the middle,
in the third and in the fourth Gate.
It goes out for seven days and turns back,
and returns again to the Gate from which the Sun rises.
And in that Gate it makes all its light full,
and it recedes from the Sun,
and comes, in eight days,
to the sixth Gate from which the Sun rises.
74.7 And when the Sun rises from the fourth Gate,
the Moon goes out for seven days, until it rises from the fifth Gate.
And again it returns in seven days to the fourth Gate,
makes all its light full,
recedes, (wijkt terug)
and comes to the first Gate in eight days.
The Book of Enoch 98
74.8 And again it returns in seven days to the fourth Gate from which the Sun rises.
74.9 Thus I saw their positions; how the Moon rose and the Sun set in those days.
74.10 And if five years are added together,
the Sun has an excess of thirty days.
For each year, of the five years, there are three hundred and sixty four days.
74.11 And the excess, of the Sun and the stars, comes to six days.
In five years,
with six days each,
they have an excess of thirty days,
and the Moon falls behind the Sun
and the stars by thirty days.
74.12 And the Moon conducts the years exactly,
all of them according to their eternal positions;
they are neither early nor late, even by one day, but change the year in exactly 364 days.
74.13 In three years, there are 1,092 days,
and in five years 1,820 days,
so that in eight years there are 2,912 days.
74.14 For the Moon alone, the days in three years come to 1,062 days,
and in five years it is fifty days behind.
74.15 And there are 1,770 days in five years so that for the Moon the days in eight years amount to 2,832 days.
74.16 For the difference in eight years is eighty days,
and all the days that the Moon is behind, in eight years, are eighty days.
74.17 And the year is completed exactly, in accordance with their positions,
and the positions of the Sun, in that they rise from the Gates from which the Sun rises and sets for thirty days.
75.1 And the leaders of the tens of thousands, who are in charge of the whole of creation, and in charge of all the stars,
and also the four days which are added,
and are not separated from their position, according to the whole reckoning of the year.
And these serve on the four days that are not counted in the reckoning of the year.
The Book of Enoch 99
75.2 And because of them men go wrong in them.
For these lights really serve in the stations of the world,
one in the first Gate,
and one in the third Gate,
and one in the fourth Gate,
and one in the sixth Gate.
And the exact harmony of the world is completed in the separate 364 stations of the world.
75.3 For the signs, and the times, and the years, and the days, were showed to me by the Angel Uriel whom the Lord of Eternal Glory has placed in charge of all the Lights of Heaven.
In Heaven and in the world, so that they might rule on the Face of Heaven, and appear over the earth,
and be leaders of day and night; the Sun, the Moon, the stars,
and all the serving creatures who revolve in all the Chariots of Heaven.
75.4 Likewise, Uriel showed to me twelve Gate-openings in the disc of the chariot of the Sun, in the sky, from which the rays of the Sun come out.
And from them heat comes out over the Earth when they are opened at the times that are appointed for them.
75.5 And there are openings for the winds,
and for the spirit of the dew,
when they are opened at their times, opened in Heaven, at the ends of the earth.
75.6 I saw twelve Gates in Heaven, at the ends of the earth,
from which the Sun,
and the Moon,
and the stars,
and all the works of Heaven,
go out in the east and in the west.
75.7 And there are many window-openings to the north
and to the south,
and each window,
at its appointed time,
sends out heat corresponding to those Gates,
from which the stars go out,
in accordance with His command to them, and in which they set according to their number.
75.8 And I saw chariots in Heaven, running through the region above those Gates,
in which the stars that never set rotate.
75.9 And one is bigger than all the others.
And it goes round through the whole world.
The Book of Enoch 100
76.1 And at the ends of the earth,
I saw twelve Gates open to all the winds,
from which the winds come out and blow over the earth.
76.2 Three of them open in the front of Heaven,
and three in the back,
and three on the right of Heaven,
and three on the left.
76.3 And the three first are those towards the east,
and then the three towards the north,
and the three after these towards the south,
and the three in the west.
76.4 Through four of them come winds of blessing and peace.
And from the other eight come winds of punishment;
when they are sent they bring devastation to the whole Earth,
and to the water which is on it,
and to all those who dwell upon it,
and to everything that is in the water and on dry ground.
76.5 And the first wind from those Gates, called the east wind, comes out through the first Gate, which is towards the east.
The one that comes from the south brings devastation, drought, heat, and destruction.
76.6 And through the second Gate, in the middle, comes what is right.
And from it come rain, and fruitfulness, and prosperity, and dew.
And through the third Gate, which is towards the north, comes cold and drought.
76.7 And after these, the winds towards the south come out, through three Gates.
First, through the first of the Gates, which inclines towards the east, comes a hot wind.
76.8 And through the middle Gate, which is next to it, come pleasant fragrances, and dew, and rain, and prosperity, and life.
76.9 And through the third Gate, which is towards the west, come dew, and rain, and locusts, and devastation.
76.10 And after these, the winds towards the north..(…)..from the seventh Gate,
which is towards the east,
come dew and rain, locusts and devastation.
76.11 And through the Gate exactly in the middle, come rain, and dew, and life, and prosperity.
The Book of Enoch 101
And through the third Gate, which is towards the west
come mist and hoarfrost, and snow, and rain, and dew, and locusts.
76.12 And after these the winds towards the west.
Through the first Gate,
which inclines towards the north,
come dew, and rain, and hoarfrost, and cold, and snow, and frost.
76.13 And from the middle Gate, come dew and rain, prosperity and blessing. And through the last Gate, which is towards the south, come drought and devastation, burning and destruction.
76.14 And thus the twelve Gates, of the four quarters of Heaven are complete. And all their laws, and all their punishments, and all their benefits, I have shown to you, my son Methuselah.
77.1 They called the first quarter eastern because it is the first, and they call the second the south because there the Most High descends, and there especially the one who is blessed forever descends.
77.2 And the western quarter is called waning because there all the lights of Heaven wane and go down.
77.3 And the fourth quarter, named the north, is divided into three parts.
And the first of them is the dwelling place for men;
and the second contains seas of water, and the deeps, and the forests, and rivers, and darkness and mist;
and the third part contains the Garden of Righteousness.
77.4 I saw seven high mountains,
which were higher than all other mountains on the earth;
and from them snow comes.
And days and times and years, pass away and go by.
77.5 I saw seven rivers on the earth,
larger than all the other rivers;
one of them comes from the east and pours out its waters into the Great Sea.
77.6 And two of them come from the north to the sea and pour out their water into the Erythraean Sea in the east.
77.7 And the remaining four flow out on the side of the north,
to their seas,
two to the Erythraean Sea,
and two into the Great Sea, and they discharge themselves there,
and not into the wilderness, as some say.
The Book of Enoch 102
77.8 I saw seven large islands, in the sea and on the land,
two on the land,
and five in the Great Sea.
78.1 The names of the Sun are as follows:
The first Oryares,
and the second Tomases.
78.2 The Moon has four names:
The first name is Asonya,
and the second Ebla,
and the third Benase,
and the fourth Era'e.
78.3 These are the two great lights; their disc is like the disc of Heaven and in size the two are equal.
78.4 In the disc of the Sun, are seven parts of light,
which are added to it more than to the Moon,
and in fixed measure light is transferred to the Moon
until a seventh part of the Sun is exhausted.
78.5 And they set, go into the Gates of the west,
go round through the north,
and rise through the Gates of the east,
on the face of Heaven.
78.6 And when the Moon rises,
it appears in the sky, and has a half of a seventh part of light,
and on the fourteenth day it makes all its light full.
78.7 And fifteen parts of light are transferred to it, until on the fifteenth day its light is full, according to the sign of the year, and amounts to fifteen parts.
And the Moon comes into being by halves of a seventh part.
78.8 And in its waning (afnemende) on the first day, it decreases (vermindert) to fourteen parts of its light.
And on the second to thirteen parts,
and on the third to twelve parts,
on the fourth to eleven parts,
and on the fifth to ten parts,
and on the sixth to nine parts,
and on the seventh to eight parts,
and on the eighth to seven parts,
and on the ninth to six parts,
and on the tenth to five parts,
and on the eleventh to four parts,
and on the twelfth to three,
and on the thirteenth to two,
and on the fourteenth to half of a seventh part.
And all the light that remains from the total disappears on the fifteenth day.
78.9 And in certain months the Moon has twenty-nine days and once twenty-eight.
The Book of Enoch 103
78.10 And Uriel showed me another law: - when light is transferred to the Moon, and on which side it is transferred from the Sun.
78.11 All the time that the Moon is increasing in its light, it transfers as it becomes opposite the Sun, until in fourteen days it’s light is full in the sky; and when it is all ablaze, it’s light is full in the sky.
78.12 And on the first day it is called the New Moon, for on that, daylight rises on it.
78.13 And its light becomes full exactly on the day that as the Sun goes down in the west it rises from the east for the night.
And the Moon shines for the whole night until the Sun rises opposite it,
and the Moon is seen opposite the Sun.
78.14 And on the side on which the light of the Moon appears, there again it wanes, until all its light disappears,
and the days of the Moon end and its disc remains empty without light.
78.15 And for three months, at its proper time, it achieves thirty days, and for three months, it achieves twenty-nine days, during which it completes its waning, in the first period, in the first Gate, 127 days.
78.16 And in the time of it’s rising, for three months, it appears in each month with thirty days.
And for three months it appears in each month with twenty-nine days
78.17 By night, for twenty days each time,
it looks like a man,
and by day like Heaven, for there is nothing else in it except it’s light.
79.1 And now, my son Methuselah, I have shown you everything, and the whole Law of the Stars of Heaven is complete.
79.2 And he showed me the whole law for these, for every day, and for every time, and for every rule, and for every year, and for the end thereof, according to its command, for every month and every week.
79.3 And the waning of the Moon, which occurs in the sixth Gate, for in that sixth Gate it’s light becomes full, and after that it is the beginning of the month.
The Book of Enoch 104
79.4 And the waning, which occurs in the first Gate, at its proper time, until 177 days are complete, or by weeks; twenty-five weeks and two days.
79.5 And how it falls behind the Sun, according to the law of the stars,
by exactly five days in one period of time,
when it has completed the pathway you have seen.
79.6 Such is the appearance, and likeness, of every light, which Uriel, the great Angel who is their leader, showed to me.
80.1 And in those days Uriel answered me and said to me: “Behold, I have shown you everything, Oh Enoch.
And I have revealed everything to you,
so that you may see this Sun,
and this Moon,
and those who lead the Stars of Heaven,
and all those who turn them,
their tasks and their times and their rising.
80.2 But in the days of the sinners the years will become shorter, and their seed will be late on their land, and on their fields.
And all things on the earth will change and will not appear at their proper time.
And the rain will be withheld and Heaven will retain it.
80.3 And in those times the fruits of the earth will be late,
and will not grow at their proper time,
and the fruits of the trees will be withheld at their proper time.
80.4 And the Moon will change its customary practice and will not appear at its proper time.
80.5 But in those days it will appear in Heaven, come on top of a large chariot in the west, and shine with more than normal brightness.
80.6 And many heads of the stars, in command, will go astray.
And these will change their courses and their activities and will not appear at the times that have been prescribed for them.
80.7 And the entire law of the stars will be closed to the sinners,
and the thoughts of those who dwell upon the Earth will go astray over them, and they will turn from all their ways and will go astray, and will think them gods.
The Book of Enoch 105
80.8 And many evils will overtake them and punishment will come upon them to destroy them all.”
81.1 And he said to me: “Oh Enoch, look at the book of the Tablets of Heaven and read what is written upon them, and note every individual fact.”
81.2 And I looked at everything that was written and I noted everything. And I read the book and everything that was written in it, all the deeds of men, and all the children of flesh who will be upon the Earth, for all the generations of eternity.
3 Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day.
4 For this was a statute for Israel, and a law of the God of Jacob.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moon (New month), or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
1 Observe the month of Abib, and keep the passover unto the LORD thy God: for in the month of Abib the LORD thy God brought thee forth out of Egypt by night.
10 Also in the day of your gladness, and in your solemn days, and in the beginnings of your months, ye shall blow with the trumpets over your burnt offerings, and over the sacrifices of your peace offerings; that they may be to you for a memorial before your God: I am the LORD your God.
9 And on the sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and the drink offering thereof:
10 This is the burnt offering of every sabbath, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.
11 And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot;
12 And three tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one bullock; and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one ram;
13 And a several tenth deal of flour mingled with oil for a meat offering unto one lamb; for a burnt offering of a sweet savour, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD.
14 And their drink offerings shall be half an hin of wine unto a bullock, and the third part of an hin unto a ram, and a fourth part of an hin unto a lamb: this is the burnt offering of every month throughout the months of the year.
15 And one kid of the goats for a sin offering unto the LORD shall be offered, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.
16 And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD.
17 And in the fifteenth day of this month is the feast: seven days shall unleavened bread be eaten.
18 In the first day shall be an holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work therein:
1 Samuel 20:
18 Then Jonathan said to David, To morrow is the new moon: and thou shalt be missed, because thy seat will be empty.
24 So David hid himself in the field: and when the new moon was come, the king sat him down to eat meat.
25 And the king sat upon his seat, as at other times, even upon a seat by the wall: and Jonathan arose, and Abner sat by Saul's side, and David's place was empty.
26 Nevertheless Saul spake not any thing that day: for he thought, Something hath befallen him, he is not clean; surely he is not clean.
2 Chronicles 2:
4 Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.
14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.
15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:
16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
17 The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,
18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:
19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.
26 If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the moon walking in brightness;
27 And my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand:
28 This also were an iniquity to be punished by the judge: for I should have denied the God that is above.
2 kings 23:
2 And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and he read in their ears all the words of the book of the covenant which was found in the house of the LORD.
3 And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant.
4 And the king commanded Hilkiah the high priest, and the priests of the second order, and the keepers of the door, to bring forth out of the temple of the LORD all the vessels that were made for Baal, and for the grove, and for all the host of heaven: and he burned them without Jerusalem in the fields of Kidron, and carried the ashes of them unto Bethel.
5 And he put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon, and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven.
15 Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying,
16 As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the LORD, we will not hearken unto thee.
17 But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.
26 Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:
27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought; but also that the temple of the great goddess Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia and the world worshippeth.
28 And when they heard these sayings, they were full of wrath, and cried out, saying, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
30 And all the days of the commandment will be two and fifty weeks of days, and (these will make) the entire year complete. Thus it is engraven and ordained on the heavenly tablets.
31 And there is no neglecting (this commandment) for a single year or from year to year.
32 And command thou the children of Israel that they observe the years according to this reckoning- three hundred and sixty-four days, and (these) will constitute a complete year, and they will not disturb its time from its days and from its feasts; for everything will fall out in them according to their testimony, and they will not leave out any day nor disturb any feasts.
33 But if they do neglect and do not observe them according to His commandment, then they will disturb all their seasons and the years will be dislodged from this (order), [and they will disturb the seasons and the years will be dislodged] and they will neglect their ordinances.
34 And all the children of Israel will forget and will not find the path of the years, and will forget the new moons, and seasons, and sabbaths and they will go wrong as to all the order of the years.
35 For I know and from henceforth will I declare it unto thee, and it is not of my own devising; for the book (lies) written before me, and on the heavenly tablets the division of days is ordained, lest they forget the feasts of the covenant and walk according to the feasts of the Gentiles after their error and after their ignorance.
36 For there will be those who will assuredly make observations of the moon -how (it) disturbs the seasons and comes in from year to year ten days too soon.
37 For this reason the years will come upon them when they will disturb (the order), and make an abominable (day) the day of testimony, and an unclean day a feast day, and they will confound all the days, the holy with the unclean, and the unclean day with the holy; for they will go wrong as to the months and sabbaths and feasts and jubilees.
38 For this reason I command and testify to thee that thou mayst testify to them; for after thy death thy children will disturb (them), so that they will not make the year three hundred and sixty-four days only, and for this reason they will go wrong as to the new moons and seasons and sabbaths and festivals, and they will eat all kinds of blood with all kinds of flesh.
6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Pirkê de Rabbi Eliezer : (the chapters of Rabbi Eliezer the Great) according to the text of the manuscript belonging to Abraham Epstein of Vienna